- Energy Audits
- Insulation & Air Sealing
- Windows & Doors
- Symptoms We Cure
- Our Approach
WE COMPETE BEST ON VALUE
Although we may not be the least expensive or highest-priced home performance company, we believe that we deliver the best value. We combine unparalleled customer service with superior quality in overall comfort and efficiency improvements to ensure you are 100% satisfied with your decision to choose Home Energy Medics.
With this type of work, you truly get what you pay for, which is why we work to ensure that you fully understand our proposals and how they differ from other contractors' bids. Getting the job done right in the home performance industry, means performing the proper techniques in the right areas of the home. This is why the diagnosis process is so important, as are your contractors certifications and credentials.
GREAT QUESTIONS TO ASK:
- Are they a BPI Gold Star Certified Home Performance contractor? (BPI is the accrediting body for the home performance industry)
- Are their installers BPI certified installers? (Similar to Gold Star cert., BPI installers have the
training to do the job correctly.)
- Do they do blower door guided air sealing? (Blower doors help to isolate air leaks, therefore, blower doors provide a level of precision and accuracy that is difficult to match in their absence.)
- Are they using two part foam or one part gun foam to do the air sealing? (We try to use two part foam when possible as it is more adhesive and typically provides a stronger air seal.)
- Do they do quality assurance testing of the air seal job using the blower door and pressure diagnostics before they put in the insulation? (Once air sealing is covered by insulation it is more difficult to access and improve. We make sure our seals are holding before moving on to the next stage.)
- Do they perform test-outs and do combustion safety testing of the furnace and water heater (to BPI standards) to ensure that exhaust is being removed from the home? (This is very important for indoor air quality)
- Are they a DCSEU participating contractor and can you get rebates through them?
These are some basic questions that we recommend all homeowners are asking when preparing for a home performance improvement. These will help you highlight the type of work a contractor has done in the past and the specific nuances of that work.
If you'd like to learn more about our approach to each job or compare our answers to the questions above to other contractors', please visit our "Compare Us" page.
Looking for Duct Sealing? Did you know...
There is a substantial amount of energy loss when your HVAC system works overtime to make up for leaks and gaps in your ductwork. In addition to increased energy bills, the unnecessary strain on your system can significantly shorten its lifespan or lead to costly repairs. Air duct leaks can also create indoor air quality issues by allowing dust, allergens, and other pollutants easy access to the air circulating through your home. Having properly sealed ducts keeps these pollutants out of the air you breathe and balances temperatures, leaving your home feeling more comfortable.
HEAR WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS HAVE TO SAY
Home Energy Medics makes homes more comfortable by providing comprehensive evaluations and unparalleled customer service to the Northern VA area. Here, Eddie & Gabbie describe their home energy audit experience and why going with Home Energy Medics was the right decision.
Eddie & Gabbie C., Centreville, VA