- Energy Audits
- Insulation & Air Sealing
- Windows & Doors
- Symptoms We Cure
- Our Approach
1. How much can I expect to save on my heating and cooling bills after improvments?
It depends on your home, and how many recommendations you tackle, but incorporating recommendations from a home energy audit can save 20% or more! (As stated by the EPA Home Performance with Energy Star Program),
2. If we have you perform an audit, can you actually DO the fixes for us that you suggest?
Yes! Home Energy Medics is a full service company and can address all of your home's needs in collaboration with our partners.
3. Can you only perform an energy audit in the winter or summer with high temperature differences?
No, an energy audit can be performed effectively all year round.
4. How long does a home energy audit take?
The audit process is normally about 4-5 hours. (May require more time for larger homes)
5. Does Home Energy Medics offer evening or weekend appointments?
Yes, we do.
6. Do I get a report from the home energy audit?
Yes, you will get a detailed report with pictures explaining what was found. We will develop a prioritized list of cost effective recommendations to make your home more comfortable and efficient.
7. How much does a Home Energy Medics audit cost?
Our home energy audit starts at $395 for up to a 2000 sq ft house and is slightly higher for larger homes and multiple natural gas HVAC systems. This includes the 4-5 hour in-house audit with our high-tech equipment and a followup review with the final report to ensure all of your questions and concerns have been addressed.
8. Are you licensed and insured?
Yes, Home Energy Medics is licensed to do business in Virginia, Maryland and DC. We hold business licenses in both areas as well as a Class A contractors license.
9. Do you perform work in DC, Virginia, and Maryland?
Yes! We can do work in the entire DC metro area within a 25 mile radius from 22202.
10. Is the audit process safe? Can my pets, kids, family be in the house while the audit is going on?
Yes! The audit process is perfectly safe. We actually encourage the homeowners to follow us around so that we can better educate you about your home.
Looking for Insulation? Did you know...
Just looking for additional insulation in your attic or sealing up air leaks? Did you know that making certain changes to your home can result in unforeseen consequences? That is why we always recommend a full home energy audit by Home Energy Medics prior to implementing any efficiency measures. This will provide a full view of your house, it's systems and what can be done to improve ALL areas of your home. Best of all, we refund all or part of the audit cost when you choose to have us implement the solutions.
HEAR WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS HAVE TO SAY
I knew I had problems with the HVAC in my condo when I had high energy bills and a lot of humidity. Home Energy Medics was recommended by Dominion Energy and had high reviews so I gave them a call. They recommended that I insulate the ducts in my condo.
Mary B, Alexandria, VA