- Energy Audits
- Insulation & Air Sealing
- Windows & Doors
- Symptoms We Cure
- Our Approach
1. How much can I expect to save on my heating and cooling bills after improvments?
It depends on your home, and how many recommendations you tackle, but incorporating recommendations from a home energy audit can save 20% or more! (As stated by the EPA Home Performance with Energy Star Program),
2. If we have you perform an audit, can you actually DO the fixes for us that you suggest?
Yes! Home Energy Medics is a full service company and can address all of your home's needs in collaboration with our partners.
3. Can you only perform an energy audit in the winter or summer with high temperature differences?
No, an energy audit can be performed effectively all year round.
4. How long does a home energy audit take?
The audit process is normally about 4-5 hours. (May require more time for larger homes)
5. Does Home Energy Medics offer evening or weekend appointments?
Yes, we do.
6. Do I get a report from the home energy audit?
Yes, you will get a detailed report with pictures explaining what was found. We will develop a prioritized list of cost effective recommendations to make your home more comfortable and efficient.
7. How much does a Home Energy Medics audit cost?
Our home energy audit starts at $395 for up to a 2000 sq ft house and is slightly higher for larger homes and multiple natural gas HVAC systems. This includes the 4-5 hour in-house audit with our high-tech equipment and a followup review with the final report to ensure all of your questions and concerns have been addressed.
8. Are you licensed and insured?
Yes, Home Energy Medics is licensed to do business in Virginia, Maryland and DC. We hold business licenses in both areas as well as a Class A contractors license.
9. Do you perform work in DC, Virginia, and Maryland?
Yes! We can do work in the entire DC metro area within a 25 mile radius from 22202.
10. Is the audit process safe? Can my pets, kids, family be in the house while the audit is going on?
Yes! The audit process is perfectly safe. We actually encourage the homeowners to follow us around so that we can better educate you about your home.
Looking for Duct Sealing? Did you know...
There is a substantial amount of energy loss when your HVAC system works overtime to make up for leaks and gaps in your ductwork. In addition to increased energy bills, the unnecessary strain on your system can significantly shorten its lifespan or lead to costly repairs. Air duct leaks can also create indoor air quality issues by allowing dust, allergens, and other pollutants easy access to the air circulating through your home. Having properly sealed ducts keeps these pollutants out of the air you breathe and balances temperatures, leaving your home feeling more comfortable.
HEAR WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS HAVE TO SAY
Scott and the team did soundproofing work on what will be our child's nursery -- we live in a condo and could hear almost everything from the neighbors. The entire team was polite, kind, and most importantly, really effective.
Heather R, VA