- Symptoms We Cure
- Our Approach
- The Science
June 2, 2021
1. Just spotted a damp spot near ductwork in your home? Are your AC ducts “sweating”?
2. Air duct sweating is due to condensation—warm, humid air coming in contact with a cool surface.
3. Your ducts are cool because they’ve been filled with conditioned air from your AC.
4. Sweating ducts might not seem like a big deal, but they can lead to problems in your home.
5. Moisture from your ducts can lead to mold growth, mildew, or wood rot in hard-to-reach areas.
6. Plus, condensation could drip on insulation, making it less effective and increasing your energy bills.
7. Sweaty ducts can be caused by poorly insulated ductwork or high indoor humidity.
8. At Home Energy Medics, we can help properly insulate your ducts and control your indoor humidity.
9. Save money and stay comfortable this summer with your local whole home experts.